If you are planning to sell your home then you must know the following 10 tips. Buyers who see a home without furniture can become confused about the size, flow and scale of each room since there is nothing they can use as a reference point.
Here are 10 tips to get furniture ready:
- Redesign every room. Remember, less is more when you want to sell your home.
- Polish and clean your furniture until it sparkles.
- Make sure your furniture reflects the true purpose of each room. If you turned a dining room into a home office, convert the room back into a dining room.
- If you can’t move through a room in a natural flow, the room has too much furniture or the furniture is too large and should be removed. Allow about three feet of space for comfort.
- Remove or replace outdated furniture. Buyers will perceive outdated furniture as a sign that the home is outdated.
- Updating furniture needn’t be expensive. Use neutral-colored slipcovers to update worn furniture and add inexpensive throw pillows to create a fresh look.
- Repair any broken furniture that is essential to a room. For example, if a mattress is on the floor, get a bed frame to lift the mattress and better showcase the room as a bedroom.
- If you don’t have enough furniture, you can rent extra pieces at a reasonable monthly rate through a home staging and design company.
- Pack away collections, curio cabinets and other personal items to neutralize rooms, so buyers can visualize themselves living in the home.
- Remember, you want to sell your space, not your stuff. Create visual value to make sure your home will be noticed.